LNCT is seeking an Executive Director to provide visionary leadership and is responsible to fulfill LNCT’s long-term mission and implement the organization’s vision for the future. At this time, the position is a .75 FTE exempt position, with the possibility of increasing to a full-time position when organizational needs are justified, and funding will allow. The successful applicant will build upon the strengths of LNCT through effective delineation of responsibilities for all Trust work, taking into account how the work is currently being accomplished, the skills and abilities of staff, board members, and general volunteers. The Executive Director serves at the pleasure of the board and with oversight by the Board President.
- Community Engagement & Communications
*Described in detail in the LNCT Executive Director Opportunity PDF
- A genuine passion for the natural environment and land conservation
- Academic or work experience related to conservation or land management
- At least two years of management experience including budgeting and finance, goal setting, staff supervision, human resource management, and overall organizational administration
- Experience working with a nonprofit board of directors
- Experience working with diverse communities and ability to integrate well into the fabric of a small community
- Experience working with a broad array of contemporary office and communications technology
- Experience in marketing, social media, and digital advertising
- Experience in grant writing and fundraising
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines consistently and to work without direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to articulate LNCT’s vision, both orally and in writing
- A four-year college degree from an accredited institution
Salary range and benefits for the position are competitive and dependent upon experience. At this time, it is a .75 FTE exempt position. Occasional weekend and evening work will be required.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references (name, title, and contact information only) to email@example.com. (No phone calls please.)
Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why would you like to be the Executive Director of LNCT? What do you consider to be your primary strengths for the position?
- What is your experience serving diverse communities?
- What is a situation that best describes your ability to lead an organization, program, or project?
- What are some of your most recent successes in cultivating funding sources?
Applications will be reviewed by the LNCT Hiring Committee. Video conference interviews will begin on April 15. The position will remain open until filled.
LNCT is an equal opportunity employer.